Saturday, October 11, 2008
12 Days of Halloween - Day 11
Getting to the big day, and yes, serious food now.
What would Halloween be without a good Pumpkin Soup? Nigel Slater has a bang-up one and his article is a quite good read as well. Vintage Slater. (I've longed for an Aga most of my life as well.) Then again, you may want to try this similar version from Bake and Shake.
Both recipes can be found here for comparison.
For dessert, something quite a bit more upscale, just food for thought. Design Sponge found these Mori-ex-Cacao from ValerieConfections.
They are pricey but one suggestion is the chocolate with chile. Sweet with a bite... just like a vampire bite.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Scrappin' With Adrienne
- Yes Virginia..yes you can
- Listen to your Kids
- Tip Junkie
- On My Desk... a giveaway
- Views of Blogher
- Tell me..
- LetsDish Goes Pink
- This is...
- Quit your Day Job
- Oh Honey...they are so you!
- I voted
- 3 Beautiful Things
- On My Desk -sort of
- Does this blog make me look old?
- Be a Good Citizen
- The Original Three Beautiful Things
- Thi is...my favorite film
- Crochet Obama to the White House
- Blogerfest Fave -Dance till you Drop
- Dulce How Sweet You Are
- Tag Tag I guess I'm IT
- Mercury Shift - I've been waiting
- On My Desk...October 15th
- Notes from the BlogHer Mavens
- Women Women Women
- Does this look good to YOU
- If it's Monday the 13th
- This is....my current reading material
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 12
- Icon your Blog
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 11
- Love Friday
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 10
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 9
- On My Desk...October 8th
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 8
- Depth beyond Beauty
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 7
- Monday Trio
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 6
- This is..my favorite kitchen tool
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 5
- Secret Places Safe Places
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 4
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 3
- Name your...
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 2
- On My Desk..October 1
- 12 Days of Halloween - Day 1
- ▼ October (51)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...