This week's theme comes from May the cloth be with you and it certainly is a different idea. Good one I think. Too many people (read women) are loathe to boast about themselves. True humility says this is what I'm good at and this is what I'm not. We need to recognize both sides of our own coin's makeup.
I will say that I'm really good at cooking, and more so...something that surprised me about 20 yrs ago...was that I can quickly plan a meal/party for a group and not get flustered.
I only say I was surprised when a woman I knew, my own age, mentioned it was a talent 'these young people' had for entertaining a big group. Huh? I had no idea it was not a natural talent for all of us, well mostly all of us females. (Sexist yes, but ...) Anyhow, I recognized that it was a skill I had.
The other boast about is that I finally, finally finished up my degree at age 56. But literally on my first wedding anniversary! So the timing was meant to be.
I love this saved one...because to me it IS proof. ;-)
I'm sure I could make my list considerably longer because I have never been a shy, little violet. However, it does sometimes take me time to recognize that what comes easily to me might not come so easily to you. So...click that button that says This is...and see what great accomplishments others might be proud of.
(And yes, I have three children but really it was just a few minutes of sex that produced them...and that's not so hard, is it?!?!?)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Goin' to Jail
- I'm doin' this
- Crafty Bastards
- This is ...show off time.
- Baby word
- I'm a little chopstick....long and slim
- Love Friday
- 36 Million Women
- Refugee Crafter: Tu-tu Giveaway!
- On My Desk...September 24
- Moon over Manhattan
- Happy Autumn
- This is ..my dream job
- Cynthia Collage
- Baltimore Birds..no, not THOSE birds
- CleverGirlGoesBlog says... Having cats is kind of...
- On my Desk....September 17
- Off on a tangent...what a good tangent
- Pay it Forward
- This is...what I do with 10 spare minutes
- Love Friday and Flashback Friday
- Tea for 2 and 2 for Tea
- He couldn't Wait
- On My Desk...September 10
- Love NY? So does Art Cumings
- This is...my all time favorite band
- Time to click and party!
- Love Friday?
- I've been schmapped
- On my Desk...September 3
- It's my birthday!
- World Blog Day...part 2
- World Blog Day...oh ...yesterday
- ▼ September (33)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...